How You Can Help Us

It is important to be vigilant! You, the community, are our eyes and ears. Help get our name to those that need us. 


Regarding Abuse/Neglect:

Step One- If you see something, say something! Do not wait.

Step Two- Document everything. The location of the incident, and if possible, get photo or video footage. Note if the animal has shelter of any kind (state law requires shelter to have 3 solid sides) and if food and water dishes are visible. Document everything you can for the proper authorities.  


Step Three-Please contact animal control IMMEDIATELY. They have the power and discretion to take an animal that has been abused/neglected away from an owner. WE DO NOT.

We are not an intake rescue and can not accept strays or owner surrenders. Please do not wait if you have an emergency. 


Animal Control numbers are listed below:

Washington County TN- 423-926-8769

Sullivan County TN- 423-279-2741 (option 1)

For Carter County TN, Bristol CITY TN, and Unicoi County TN, please call their Police Departments and they will dispatch an animal control officer. 

Carter PD - 423-542-1845 or 911 (non emergency)

Unicoi PD - 423-743-1850 

Bristol City Limits - 423-989-5600



Looking to get involved but not sure how? We can help! We need dedicated individuals to keep AMP strong. There are a variety of ways to volunteer with us! We always have a good time!

  1. Drivers for Supply runs, donation pick up/drop offs

  2. Fundraising Help

  3. Reaching out to businesses in our area for food drives, sponsorship etc

  4. Grant Writing

  5. Design for logos, t-shirts etc

  6. Brain Stormers, Attend Meetings

  7. Member of the Board

  8. Social Media Management